New, green partnership: Charge your electric car at Port of Hirtshals
Port of Hirtshals has just entered into a partnership with the energy company E.ON, one of Denmark's largest suppliers of green power for electric cars, which means that a number of different types of charging stations are set up at the port. It creates goods connections between port and city and is an important step in the green transition, says CEO at Port of Hirtshals, Per Holm Nørgaard.
Now there will be an even better opportunity to charge electric cars fast and efficiently in Hirtshals. A new partnership between the Port of Hirtshals and the energy company E.ON results in a number of lightning charging stations at the Auktionskajen in Hirtshals, and quite recently a number of charging stations for electric cars also opened at the Montra Skaga Hotel opposite the Nort Sea Oceanarium.
- It has long been a wish on our part to have more charging stations for super-fast charging in Hirtshals, so we are very happy about the new collaboration with Port of Hirtshals. The goodwill of good, local partners means a lot to the whole project, which is to get more people to choose to drive green, says Anders Krag, managing director of the company E.ON Drive Infrastructure, which is responsible for setting up and operating the charging stations.
There will initially be four super-fast charging points at Auktionskajen, which will be part of a total of 28 charging points in Hirtshals from E.ON Drive. The charging stations are of three different types, super-fast, fast and city chargers, which cover the different needs of electric motorists, depending on how fast you need to move forward. It typically takes 20-45 minutes to charge an electric car at a super-fast charger, while the charging time is 60-90 minutes at fast chargers and 6-7 hours at city chargers.
- In collaboration with E.ON, we have found some locations that create good connections between the port and the city, so that it is possible to charge the car while you experience Hirtshals and the city's surroundings. At the same time, it is a good and important step in the green transition for both Hirtshals and the many guests, says Per Holm Nørgaard, CEO at Port of Hirtshals, and continues:
- The good overall experience is crucial for Hirtshals to remain an attractive city to live, work and run a business in, and not least to visit as a tourist. Among other things, it requires that you can fast and easily charge both cars and trucks that run on electricity, which is one of the most important means of propulsion in the future.
The new super-fast chargers at Port of Hirtshals are expected to be in operation already at the end of May, and thus E.ON is ready to charge the many tourists who come through Hirtshals over the summer.
- The super-fast charging stations are set up at the address Auktionskajen 7 at the port in Hirtshals and at Hirtshals Transport Center.
- The city chargers are set up at Montra Skaga Hotel and Hirtshals Transport Center - at the latter there will also be fast charger points.